General Terms and Conditions
FREEDOM WORKS – BEING A MEMBER “What We’re About”
Freedom Works is designed to provide workspace, collaboration, support and network opportunities to individuals and businesses local to where they live.
Freedom Works offers self-contained units, managed desk space and as described in this Membership agreement co-working space, where the members manage their own space and work within a work-based community.
We abide by the principles of Co-Working; a movement that provides a collaborative space for creative, freelance, independent and nomadic workers that is underpinned by a core set of values of:
Collaboration: One of the great benefits of working in a co-working space is that you will meet all sorts of people with all sorts of knowledge and where possible collaborate to support each other’s activities.
Openness: We believe in transparency and openness. Therefore, we encourage open spaces and discussions.
Community: We thrive on connections and mutual support. It is important that everyone gives into as well as benefiting from the strong community co-working has become.
Accessibility: In order to be fully open, we must make the effort to be accessible to all. This means that we endeavor to create both a financially and a physically accessible space. We are committed to this principle and welcome feedback on how we can make it even more accessible.
In using the facilities of Freedom Works we expect our members to behave in a way that is aligned with those values, specifically:
This is Your Work Home: Respect the space and leave it as you find it. If you moved things around then return them to their original location and please tidy up after yourself. Contribute: This is a co-working space so there is an expectation that you will collaborate where possible and be prepared to draw on the help and support of others whilst respecting their right to get their own work done. Tolerance & Respect: Respect the people around you and embrace differences. One of the great things about co-working is it draws in a variety of people, enjoy and respect the difference. Build the Community: Spread the word to like minded people.
MEMBERSHIP – USE OF SERVICE “The Rules!”
Services are being provided by Freedom Works Limited.
- Acceptance of Terms – Completion of this Membership Agreement acknowledges the acceptance of the Use of Service and the TOU by the applicant.
- Quiet Enjoyment – All members and guests have the right to quiet enjoyment and any behaviour that breaches this will not be condoned.
- Open Environment – This is an open office shared by many different peoples and organisations. Anything said should be expected to be heard by others.
- Internet/Network Usage – No spamming, posting or downloading files that you know or should know are illegal or that you have no rights to. Access any other device connected to Freedom Works network or the Internet that you do not have permission to access.
- Meeting Room Usage – The meeting rooms can be used by any member. This is based on reasonable usage by each member as outlined in your membership package. If any room needs to be booked for more than 2 hours please request this to Freedom Works member of staff for approval. This is to ensure that these rooms can be used by others. Meeting rooms are booked on a first come, first served basis. All bookings must be done via our booking platform – which you can find on the website (by logging in) or via our Nexudus Passport app you can download from the App store/s).
- Liability – All members and guests are responsible for their own belongings and actions. Should any action or inaction cause damage or cost to Freedom Works then that cost will be levied to that member or members.
- Guests – Any guest must be accompanied by a member at all times. A guest must be listed in the Guest Register before using any of the amenities. The inviting member will be responsible for their guests actions at all times.
- Guest Register – This must be completed by the hosting member. It is required to record the guest’s details and ensure they have understood the TOU and other requirements such as health and safety.
- Members Register – This is maintained by Freedom Works and has all the details provided by the members for use by Freedom Works staff and other members. The member has the option of privacy for listing on the public websites.
- Fobs or Keys – A deposit of £50+VAT per Fob must be paid by all Dedicated member prior to a fob or keys being provided. Failure to return keys or key fob at the end of the agreement will result in the deposit not being returned. In effect a £50+VAT charge which will be levied against the member. The keys remain the property of the building owner at all times.
- Renewal and Termination – Membership is a privilege, not a right, gross misconduct can result in immediate termination. Freedom Works renewal is automatic unless advised by the member. Large/Small Office Member can terminate this agreement at any time by providing; Private Office Space Desk: 3 months notice after the completion of the initial quarter. Dedicated Desk: 1 months notice after the completion of the initial month. Reinstatement of Offices On termination of your existing contract, we require all private offices to be reinstated to their original condition. Any damage/alterations will be assessed during the exit process and any remedial building works will invoiced to the paying member prior to vacating the office
- Moving offices – We offer flexibility to our members so moving offices either to scale upward, reduce capacity or change location to an alternative FW space are offered free of charge to members. However, moves on a like-for-like basis will incur an administration charge of £500 plus VAT.
- Invoicing and Payment – The member is automatically invoiced on the following basis; Private Office Space Desk: The first invoice will be quarter in advance. All subsequent months will be invoiced monthly and require payment via DIRECT DEBIT or STANDING ORDER in advance. Dedicated Desk: The first invoice will be a month in advance. All subsequent months will be invoiced monthly and require payment via DIRECT DEBIT or STANDING ORDER in advance
- Acceptance of Terms.
- Description of Services.
Freedom Works may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services as Freedom Works may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Use.
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Freedom Works server, or the network(s) connected to any Freedom Works server, or interfere with any other partyʼs use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Freedom Works server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
- Use of services.
You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not:
Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, spimming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise); Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through Freedom Works servers, notice boards, events or Freedom Works spaces; Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same; Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party; Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of anotherʼs computer or property of another; Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner; Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services; Violate any code of conduct of other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Service (including the Building Rules all Freedom Works spaces – a list of which can be found on our website) ; Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party; Violate any applicable laws or regulations; Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Building Rules.
It is expected that you will observe the quiet enjoyment and normal use of the Building at all times and not damage or deface the Building or its fixtures fittings, decor and furnishings. The Member (Licensee) will not compromise the Building or its protection from fire, flood, gas, electricity or weather. The Licensee will not compromise the building security or the security of the spaces therein and will ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to safeguard the Freedom Works buildings, occupants and the occupants possessions. At no time should security locks be bypassed or left in an open position and external doors should never be propped open whilst unattended. You are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the full Building Rules, as copy of which is available from the Management or may be accessed from the Freedom Works Office Manager.
- Children and Pets.
As in any commercial office or studio Freedom Works is not covered for the risks and liabilities associated with children or animals. Therefore their presence is discouraged and they only enter the premises at their own risk and that of their carers/ owners. Freedom Works reserves the right to deny permission of children and pets based on other members feedback.
- Key-holder responsibilities.
A key-holder is deemed to be any person who takes possession of keys (or a fob) to any Freedom Works building. Key-holders acknowledge and accept responsibility for the security of the doors and spaces there accessed. The key-holder is expected to secure the building when either they believe they are the last person on the premises or any time after 6pm.Key-holders must sign this membership agreement which acts as a key-holder agreement and pay a £50 deposit per key/fob which will be forfeit should the fob or keys be lost.
- Freedom Works Limited reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about you.
This applies to your participation in and use of the Services as Freedom Works deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Freedom Works sole discretion.
You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by Freedom Works or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof, that is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature. Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, knowhow, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/or books and records of Freedom Works, any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by Freedom Works or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or has reason to know should be treated as confidential.Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to;
maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence; not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties; not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to Freedom Works or any participant or user of the Services.All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of Freedom Works or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TOU or your participation or use of the Services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Freedom Works or any participant or user of the Services.
- Participation In or Use of Services.
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that Freedom Works does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, Freedom Works provides the services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of response, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, and correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in ot the use of the services, remains with you.
- Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages.
To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, in no event shall Freedom Works or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly owned), affiliates, divisions and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including but not limited to damages for; loss of profits, loss of confidential or any other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including good faith and / or reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever arising out of or in any way to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or the failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the vent of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contractor breach of warranty of Freedom Works, and even if Freedom Works has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Limitation of Liability and Remedies.
Notwithstanding any damages that you may incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Freedom Works or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly owned), affiliates, divisions and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns under any provision of this TOU and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on reasonable reliance up to ten pounds (£10). The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers (including sections 8 and 9 above) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
Freedom Works reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. Freedom Works further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU.
You shall, during and after the participation in and use of the Services, refrain from making any statements or comments of a defamatory or disparaging nature to any third party regarding Freedom Works, or any of Freedom Works officers, directors, employees, personnel, agents, policies, services or products, other than to comply with law.
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless Freedom Works and Freedom Works subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneysʼ fees and costs incurred by Freedom Works or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defence of such claim or lawsuit.
In the event that any provision or portion of this TOU is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TOU shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
As required by the owner of Hove Business Centre, Fonthill Road, BN3 6HA, Freedom Works carries Public Liability. As a user, you are not required but it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using our space. That policy may cover your current residence/office, as well as the premises of Freedom Works.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms and conditions contained in this agreement (including and not limited to Being a Member At Freedom Works, Membership Details and Type, Members – Use of Service and Membership TOU), and agree to be bound to the TOU regarding my participation in and use of the Services.