With the pace of life quickening, running into someone you know or having a chat with your neighbors is not as easy as it used to be.
Yet this is what we crave.
The coworking space is more than just a place where people work and share their professional skill sets.
It’s a hub for networking and building relationships with others that may prove to be beneficial in the future.
The benefits of a community are endless. In our society today we are always looking for ways to relieve stress and manage our emotions, so joining a community gives us that opportunity to find someone to talk to who understands what we’re going through or when we want to find some motivation or inspiration everyone in this space is there for one another.
So how do we make the most out of community?
We’ve compiled here a few key tips to make the most out of a coworking community!
1) Get to know your coworkers without ego. Think critically about how they might connect to you personally.
What are their work interests, passions, and hobbies? How do they spend their free time?
2) When interacting with your coworkers, try to give as much as possible. Share personal anecdotes, insights on other cultures or languages, or jokes you might have heard on a recent trip abroad.
Share articles that you found interesting lately and then ask them for feedback. There’s no better way to get someone to open up than by first opening up yourself!
3) Figure out what the existing communities are at your coworking space and try finding ways
Additionally, the benefits of sharing communities include:
– being able to find new connections,
– being able to learn more about the latest trends in your industry,
– meeting valuable mentors and experts,
– feeling less lonely at home with your work,
– getting fresh ideas from people you may not have met before.
The office can be lonely, isolating, and make you feel less productive, while coworking spaces may make you feel like a part of something more. It’s more than just a “place to work.” Coworking spaces are places where people go to stay positive, get inspired, expand their networks, and find camaraderie with industry peers.